Friday, May 25, 2012

So You Had A Bad Day

In an effort to make this blog more than  just blatant self promotion I decided to write about something that might inhibit you, but doesn't have to, and dare I say shouldn't from being fashionable on a particular day.

Did you have a bad day? Or are you having a bad day? Have you ever had a bad day? Ever feel like my little buddy (image up loaded from pinterest) to the left? Of course you have, we all have!

What I've found when I feel and look like this, is that it's coming from a feeling of exhaustion or feeling overwhelmed. So what do I do? First, I make a list of all the things I want and need to get done. Trust me, this is always a very long list! Then I make a much smaller more mangeable list of things that absolutely have to get done that day. And I mean absolutely. I give myself a break, give myself permission to take it easy, otherwise I would just stay in bed and pull the covers over my head. I can actually feel my shoulders relax, my whole body relax and I don't feel so overwhelmed. Another thing that helps is to stay quiet for awhile, that means no tv, let the phone go to voice mail, and yes, dare I say turn off the computer?! Just for a little while, we all get so over stimulated that it can make us crazy, literally, I think! Finally, I get dressed up. Yep, make up my face, put on an outfit I love and of course lots of bling! Try it, you too will feel better. Something about looking good makes us feel good too.

Ok, the last little bit of advice, buy yourself something nice, go shopping,( oh here it is, the self promotion part), but really it can and does make us feel a little better when we treat ourselves nicely. Oh and if you need some ideas of what to buy.........here's a great site to try!

Take time for yourself, be kind to youself, you deserve it! Remember your best accessory is always your smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment